Most people would rather lose their limbs than lose their phones. Today, Mobile phones have become part and parcel of our lives, something that has left us all dependent to the gadgets. Losing your phone will not only leave you with a huge financial loss but also an emotional turmoil and confusion. Important numbers, data and everything valuable will varnish with the disappearance of your phone. However, there are various things you can do to recover a lost mobile phone, without the need to involve experts who will only milk you dry or keep you in waiting for eternity.
Most of us always fear that our phones may be stolen at any time. If you lose your mobile phone, you can easily trace it without going to the police. It is important to note that each phone carries a unique IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) which can be used to track it anywhere in the world.
Follow these easy steps to trace and possibly recover your stolen or missing phone:
• Dial *#06# from your mobile.
• Your mobile phone will show a unique 15 digit.
• Write down this number and store it in a secure place but not in your mobile phone. This is the number which will help you trace your phone in case of theft.
• In case you lose your phone, just E-mail the 15 digit IMEI Number to firstname.lastname@example.org with details as stated below:
Last used No.:_________________
E-mail for communication:_____
IMEI No :_______________________
• Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hours via a complex system of GPRS and internet. You will get details on where your mobile phone is being operated and the new user’s Number. All these will be sent to you via your email.